Untreated dental decay is among the most preventable chronic disease for children. It causes kids pain, lost time in the classroom and diminishes performance in school. Access’ Celebrate Smiles program works to prevent tooth decay and educate children about good oral health. This program brings licensed dental staff to local schools screening children in grades 4K-8. We provide dental sealants, fluoride varnish, as well as dental cleanings and restorative treatment as needed. Children in the program become Access dental patients and can receive ongoing care at an Access dental clinic.
For more information about Celebrate Smiles, call 608-852-2781.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Print a consent form, fill out both sides and return it to your child’s teacher or school nurse to have your child take part in the Celebrate Smiles program.
Participating summer school programs
- Schenk Elementary/Whitehorse Middle (Hmong, Spanish)
- Gompers Elementary/Black Hawk Middle (Hmong, Spanish)
- Lincoln Elementary (Hmong, Spanish)
- Falk Elementary (Hmong, Spanish)
- Emerson Elementary (Hmong, Spanish)
- Olson Elementary School (Hmong, Spanish)
- Orchard Ridge Elementary/Toki Middle (Hmong, Spanish)
- Hawthorne Elementary (Hmong, Spanish)